2010-10-13

Product Review: Jaco Resurgence Mma Fight Shorts-Replica Handbags,Replica LV Gucci Chanel Handbags

If you have done a search for "MMA Shorts" or pretty much any term with the phrase "MMA" in it, you have undoubtedly seen an advertisement for Jaco Fight Shorts. Jaco refers to their shorts as the most technichally advanced fight shorts in the world. While I am not sure if that is true (because I haven't tried on every pair of MMA shorts in the world) I can say they are definitely the most advanced shorts in my personal collection. I am throughly impressed with both the feel and features of these shorts. Right now, Jaco has their shorts available in two colors, a black with white lettering and an olive with black lettering. I ended up going with the black pair.


The first thing I noticed about the shorts when they arrived was the feel of the material. The shorts have a feel similar to a rash guard. This is because the product contains 10% spandex in it, along with 90% polyester. This has a couple benefits. First off, it will wick the sweat away from your body and allow additional breathability. Another benefit of this, is it will make it more difficult for an opponent to tug at your shorts and use them against you during a rolling session because the shorts will have a slight stretch to them. In comparrision the other pairs of shorts that I own are either 100% polyester or 100% nylon.

The other thing that I noticed as I inspected the shorts is that it has a built in jock supporter holder. This is sewn right into the lining in the front of the shorts and allows you to slip your cup/supporter right into the shorts. I actually tried it out right away and my cup fit into the sleeve fine. I trained for my entire first session with the cup in the built in sleeve, and it worked well. The only thing I didn't like about this feature was that I was unable to adjust the position of the sleeve. I have the need for the supporter to sit a little bit lower on my body and I found myself wishing I could have adjusted the sleeve. Since Jaco is big on product research, I am sure they are continually looking at ways to improve their products, and I can see this feature being upgraded on their next line. As an alternative, on my second session I wore my supporter in my compression shorts. I was concerned that the sleeve might end up being in the way if it wasn't being used, but that was not an issue at all.

There are actually a couple other cool features that I noticed about the shorts after I trained with them. The first was a small feature, but a very conveinent one. It was the placement of the sleeve for your mouth guard. Most shorts that I have used have a sleeve which is in the front of the shorts, and you have to dig down the front of your pants to pull out the sleeve. Aside from looking unpleasant to be digging down the front of your shorts in public, it can also be difficult to do if you are wearing a pair of grappling gloves. Jaco found a very reasonable and useful solution to this. They have sewn in the sleeve to the shorts in the inside of the left leg. When you have to take out your mouth guard, you just turn over the front pant leg and pop it in the pocket.

Another thing that I utilized with the shorts was their feature to adjust the sizing of the shorts. I purchased a size 32, but depending on my weight I can be between a 30 or 32, which always makes it difficult for me to find shorts that fit me, because I fluxuate so much. Jaco came up with a pretty cool soultion for this. They created a compression waist-tightening system that can be tightened without creating "scrunching or cinching" around the waist. This system provides a compression style fit internally to the garment that allows the external look of the shorts to remain unchanged. The way it works is that the draw string for the shorts has the feature of being weaved in an out of the inner lining to allow it to tighten on the inside, while allowing the outside to look "unbunched". Most people might not notice or use this, but like I said, as I cut weight, my short size is always an issue, so this came in handy for me.

There was one other item in the shorts which I was sure had a purpose but I had no idea what it actually was, so I looked it up on Jaco's website. In the back of the shorts they have a liner (or actually more like a flap) which hangs down over where the drawstring is in the back. Jaco calls this the fly backing panel construction which is used to prevent rubbing and chafing from the fly's hook and loop material. It's just another small, unique feature that shows that Jaco has really put a lot of thought and development into this product.

As I said before, Jaco has these shorts available in two colors at the moment. If Jaco can continue to provide quality shorts with cutting edge features, as they start to expand their line with different styles and color options, I expect this company to become a popular vendor for MMA shorts in the near future. I know I will definitely buy another pair once a new style comes out. The shorts are reasonably priced at $60.00 a pair.

To purchase a pair of these shorts for yourself, you can click on one of the images below:


Product Review: Jaco Resurgence Mma Fight Shorts

PreviousPrinciples On Self-defense

No comments:

Post a Comment