2010-10-13

Is Coffee Really That Bad For You -Replica Handbags,Replica LV Gucci Chanel Handbags

I'm writing this as I'm sipping on my third cup of coffee for the day, so I'm hoping that by the time I get to the bad stuff about the way coffee impacts your health, I'll finish this cup or I might have to dump it and switch to something horrible like water or even worse, juice. Coffee has become so important to so many of us, that many of us drink it without giving a second thought to its implications to our health. However is it really that bad I've heard that pregnant women and kids shouldn't drink it but they can't have most of the good stuff anyways, so how bad is it for us


Well I thought I'd mention the cost of it, in terms of money, first. If you're a Starbucks or Moxie drinker, you're paying over three and a half bucks per small cup. That comes out to be almost one thousand dollars per year, if you're drinking only one cup per day, Monday through Friday. That number is even higher if you drink more than one cup, drink it on the weekends or order a bigger cup. A thousand bucks can cover two or three car payments. Hmm... so if you wanted to know how you could skip a few car payments each year without getting a ding on your credit, then there you go, skip your Moxie fix. If you're drinking the cheap stuff you get at Walmart and brew at home, than you're paying about a hundred bucks a year, if you drink it black. I guess that doesn't seem as bad.

According to several sources the biggest concern with coffee is the negative effect it has on your stomach and digestive system as a whole. So if you've rarely, if ever, had heart burn, but it's more and more common now, you guessed it, coffee is probably the culprit. What's even worse is that the acidity of coffee is one of the causes for ulcers. Now if you've never had an ulcer let me help you imagine how it feels to have one. Imagine a toothy snake such as a cobra, minus the venom, biting with all its might into your arm or leg over and over again. Now imagine that inside your stomach and you can't do anything to stop it. I would say this pretty accurately describes what an ulcer feels like. You can't sleep, actually you can't do anything but clutch your stomach when the pain get's that severe. That's not even mentioning that you can die from ulcers. A good sign for early stages of ulcer is the coughing up of blood. Another thing worth mentioning is that very long term of coffee use is a known cause of liver disorders, which can also lead to death. Another thing to point out here is that these issues are regardless of whether you drink decaf or regular coffee. In other words your idea that decaf is better for you is a misconception.

Another concern for regular coffee, versus decaf, drinkers is that your coffee is actually addicting. Yes, you heard me right, it is addicting. They even have products out there that supposedly help you quit drinking coffee. I don't if they are effective or not, but they do exist. If you plan on quitting naturally than quitting cold-turkey is probably not the best way here. A better way is to slowly reduce your intake of it. Drink less and less of it each day until you stop.

Sexual function is another thing to consider for coffee drinkers. Although studies show that coffee can actually stimulate your sexual excitement, the side effect can be that you are over stimulated and can have premature ejaculation. This is an area where a cup or two can actually get both you and your partner more easily in the mood, but at a price. If sexual excitement is not an issue, then perhaps it is best to avoid coffee at least twenty four hours before sex.

Lastly I wanted to mention that the US National Library of Medicine states that drinking large amounts of coffee can lead to a fast heart rate, excessive urination, nausea, vomiting, restlessness, anxiety, depression, tremors, and difficulty sleeping. Three standard eight ounce cups of coffee daily is considered normal. We're talking about you drinking two or three pots by yourself. So if you have any of those conditions it's probably because you're drinking too much coffee. These conditions are more likely to occur if you drinking regular coffee, decaf drinkers are less likely to have these problems.

So as I'm gulping down the last of my coffee I'm still wondering if I'm ready to give up my favorite beverage. I'm not a Starbucks or Moxie guy so financially it's not an issue. I can definitely cut down a few cups. However I'm not sure if I'm willing to give it up altogether. Well, whatever you choose to do, whether it's to stop drinking coffee all together or just adjust your habits, let's drink to your health.


Is Coffee Really That Bad For You

PreviousHow To Use Deadly Pressure Point Charts Effectively

No comments:

Post a Comment